Center for Family Resources Official Raffle Rules
- Description: The Center for Family Resources Raffle (the “Raffle”) is a fundraiser conducted by The Center for Family Resources (“CFR”). CFR is a Georgia Nonprofit Corporation with an address of 995 Roswell Street NE, Marietta, GA 30060. By purchasing a ticket for the Raffle (“Raffle Ticket”), each eligible entrant (each, an “Entrant”) represents that they meet all of the below-stated eligibility requirements and agrees to be bound by these Official Raffle Rules, by all applicable laws, ordinances, and regulations, and by the decisions of the CFR or its authorized representative. Raffle is void where prohibited. By purchasing a Raffle Ticket, the Entrant acknowledges that he or she is aware of, and agrees to be bound by, these Official Rules and CFR’s interpretation of any such Official Rules. CFR shall be responsible for interpreting and applying the Official Rules. CFR’s interpretation and application of such rules shall be final. By entering, participants (a) agree to be bound by the Official Rules, (b) that the decisions of the judges are final on all matters relating to the Raffle, (c) release CFR and its agents and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, loss, or damage arising out of their participation in the Raffle or with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize. CFR reserves the right to cancel the Raffle or change any element thereof, with or without notice, at any time, due to printing errors or other mistakes in the production of the Raffle.
- Raffle Period: Raffle Tickets are sold between July 1, 2019 at 12:00 am Eastern Time and the sooner of December 17, 2019 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time or once all Raffle Tickets have been sold. A maximum of 1,200 Raffle Tickets will be sold.
- To Enter: Raffle Tickets are $100.00 per ticket. No discounts are provided for multiple purchases. Only one (1) Entrant may be entered in the Raffle per Raffle Ticket sold. If the name of more than one (1) person is provided on an entry form and that Raffle Ticket is selected as a winning ticket, then the person named first will be deemed as the holder of record of that Raffle Ticket and declared the winner. The division of any prize among a group of persons purchasing a Raffle Ticket in common shall be the sole responsibility of the person named as the holder of record of that Raffle Ticket should that Raffle Ticket be selected as a winner. CFR is not responsible for resolving any disputes that may arise from different individuals listed on a winning Ticket. A maximum of 1,200 Raffle Tickets will be sold. Raffle Tickets will be sold until December 17, 2019 but may sell out before that time. An individual can purchase as many Tickets as he or she may wish, subject to availability. Tickets may be purchased online https://cfrraffle.com/. Follow the instructions to complete the order form and submit payment. If an individual would like to buy more than 10 Raffle Tickets they must place a second order for additional Raffle Tickets. Printed Raffle Tickets will also be available for purchase.
All entries must include payment by credit or debit card or cash. CFR reserves the right to reject any entry form that is submitted without proper payment. Upon receipt and acceptance by CFR of a proper entry form, a receipt (ticket stub) of purchase will be sent via mail to the purchaser at the billing address provided or the email address provided by the purchaser during the Ticket purchase. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to provide a valid, deliverable mailing or email address to CFR.
All Raffle Ticket purchases must be made during the Raffle Period. CFR, its representative(s) and/or any related entities are not liable for any lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undelivered, or destroyed Raffle Tickets regardless of cause or the person responsible, including, but not limited to, any problem or technical malfunction of any computer, online system, or server or technical problem. No refunds are made, except as otherwise determined by CFR in its sole discretion. All Raffle Ticket sales are final. There are no refunds period.
- Eligibility: Any individual who is 18 years of age or older and is a Georgia resident at the time of the purchase of the Raffle Ticket is eligible to enter the Raffle. CFR’s employees are excluded from participating in the Raffle and are ineligible to win a prize. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. The Raffle is void where prohibited by law. CFR employees, officers and directors and members of the Raffle Committee (and their parents, siblings, spouses, and children), its advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, are not eligible to enter the Raffle.
- Random Drawing: Drawing will take place on December 20, 2019, or when 1,200 Raffle Tickets have been sold, whichever occurs first, at the Mansour Conference Center. The drawing may be broadcast live online. Drawing is conducted by CFR whose decision is final and binding. CFR will select one (1) entry for the prize described in a random drawing of all valid entries received. The potential winner will be announced at the Mansour Conference Center and then contacted using the email address, telephone or mailing address provided with the entry and may be awarded the prize subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. Failure by potential winner to respond to the initial verification within ninety (90) days of notification will result in forfeiture of prize.
- Prizes: The number of Raffle Tickets sold will determine the prize awarded. If less than 800 Raffle Tickets are sold, there will be a single 50/50 raffle. If 800 or more Raffle Tickets are sold, the prize identified below will be awarded.
Less than 800 Raffle Tickets Sold (50/50):
The one (1) Entrant that purchased the winning Raffle Ticket receives Fifty Percent (50%) of the net proceeds (total collected by CFR). All remaining proceeds from the Raffle are retained by CFR.
800 or more Raffle Tickets Sold:
Grand Prize: A Ford F150 truck valued up to $40,000 or a Ford SUV of the same value. Or the winner can choose $30,000 cash. Total ARV is up to $40,000 (if winner selects the vehicle).
Grand Prize (if applicable): Vehicle comes equipped with standard options, including destination charges and handling. Selected vehicle must be in stock. Note that not all models are available in all years; subject to availability. Winner must look to manufacturer for warranty issues. Winner responsible for all taxes and any other expenses not listed above, including, but not limited to: sales tax, luxury tax, registration, title and license fees, insurance, extended warranties and all other costs incurred in claiming, registering or using the vehicle. Winner is also responsible for all costs associated with any optional accessories ordered by winner. Winner must take delivery from dealer specified by CFR. CFR makes no representation or warranty that vehicle can be sold, bartered, or traded for or at the stated value. Values are subject to market conditions, which can fluctuate and any difference between actual market value and ARV will not be awarded. CFR has not made and CFR is not responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the vehicle, regarding the use, value, or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose, with the exception of any standard manufacturer’s warranty that may apply.
For all Prizes: No cash equivalent for the prize, prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the CFR’s sole discretion. CFR reserves the right to substitute the listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities, as well as any other costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Prize will be awarded only if the potential prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules.
- Taxes: Each Entrant acknowledges that they have been informed that the IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries, or similar programs are not gifts and, therefore, the price of a Raffle Ticket does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution. The Winner is responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes, fees and other government assessments on the awarded Prize. Furthermore, the Winner acknowledges that federal law requires that a tax withholding on certain prize values must be collected from them upon award or distribution. Federal and state withholding laws are subject to change without notice. The withholding laws in effect at the time the Prize is claimed will be followed. Winners of prizes over Six Hundred Dollars ($600) will receive a W-2G form from CFR.
- Claiming the Prize: Each Winner must provide CFR with all information required to claim the Prize (including tax identification information). Upon the request of CFR, the Winner must sign and return to CFR a liability/publicity release and/or affidavit of eligibility (the “Required Documentation”) by a date determined by CFR in a form and substance satisfactory to CFR in order to be eligible to receive the Prize. If (i) any of the Required Documentation is not completed, signed, and/or returned within the stated time, (ii) the Winner is deemed by CFR to be ineligible or not to have complied with these Official Raffle Rules, or (iii) the Winner refuses to accept or fails to claim the Prize, then the Prize will be forfeited by the Winner and retained by CFR. The Prize will be delivered within ninety (90) days of the Winner delivering the winning Raffle Ticket and executed Required Documentation to CFR. For security and safety reasons, no cash payments will be made to the Winner.
- Odds of Winning: Odds of winning are based on the total number of qualifying Raffle Tickets purchased but shall be no more than 1:1,200.
- Transfer of Raffle Ticket: Raffle Tickets may not be resold to any other party. Any Raffle Ticket which has been resold is void. All individuals who re-sell, purchase, or receive a Raffle Ticket in violation of these Official Raffle Rules are ineligible to enter the Raffle or to win the Prize.
- Entrant Grant of Rights: Raffle entrance and/or Prize acceptance constitutes a release granting CFR the right to use each Entrant’s name, likeness, statements (if true), biographical information, voice, and cities and states of residence for advertising, marketing, and publicity purposes on a worldwide basis (without review by the applicable Entrant) and in all forms of media, without compensation, remuneration, or other authorization. CFR expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability in connection with injury or loss to any person or property relating to redemption of the Prize. CFR makes no representations or warranties in connection with the Prize. Restrictions, conditions and limitations apply. Each Entrant hereby releases and waives any claims (actual or alleged), demands, damages, losses, liabilities and causes of action arising from (in whole or in part) or in connection with CFR’s use (or its designee’s use) of such Entrant’s name, likeness, statements (if true), biographical information, voice, and cities and states of residence, including, without limitation, any claims for defamation, libel, invasion of privacy, publicity, personality, or exploitation of such Entrant’s name or likeness.
- Raffle Conditions: The Raffle is governed by and subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By entering the Raffle, Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Raffle or in these Official Raffle Rules. Any violation of these Official Raffle Rules may result in disqualification and any violation of these Official Raffle Rules by the Winner shall disqualify the Winner from the Raffle and all privileges as the Winner of the Raffle shall be immediately terminated. ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS CFR AND EACH OF ITS RESPECTIVE OWNERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, MANAGERS, RAFFLE COMMITTEE MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY, OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY RAFFLE-RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THE RAFFLE.
- Disqualification; Changes: CFR may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the operation of the Raffle, re-sells a Raffle Ticket, violates these Official Raffle Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CFR may, in its sole discretion, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Raffle or these Official Raffle Rules, or disqualify any individual or Raffle Ticket for purposes of protecting the integrity of the Raffle or addressing changes in business operations or other circumstances, to the extent allowed under applicable law. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE IS A VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RAFFLE RULES AND OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CFR MAY SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Cancellation; Termination of Raffle: By purchasing a Ticket and choosing to participate in the Raffle, each Raffle participant acknowledges and agrees that CFR has the right, in its sole discretion, to elect not to proceed with the Raffle for any reason whatsoever or for no reason, and in such event, a participant’s sole and exclusive remedy shall be to receive a refund of the full price paid by such participant for each Ticket purchased, without interest.
- Governing Law; Disputes: The Raffle is governed by the laws of the State of Georgia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rule of any jurisdiction. Any claims regarding the Raffle that are not released, must be brought in the exclusive jurisdiction of Cobb County, Georgia, and each Entrant hereby consents to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for purposes of any such action. The Raffle is void outside the United States and where prohibited by law. Each Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action not waived arising out of or in connection with the Raffle or the Prize shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Raffle, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances may Entrant obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. IN NO EVENT SHALL CFR OR ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO ANY INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THE RAFFLE.
- Results: For Raffle results, send a written request with your name, address and phone number to “Raffle Results - Center for Family Resources Raffle c/o 995 Roswell Street NE, Marietta, GA 30060. Requests for the Results must be received within 45 days of when the winners are finalized.